welcome to the end of the thought process.

Friday, December 14, 2007

I Love It When A Plan Comes Together

Gentle Readers, I bring you good, potentially great news, particularly if you, like me, are a fan of the 1980s TV show The A-Team. Ah, smell the finely aged cheese. There has been a rumour for the past several years of a big screen movie remake in the works. Well, now it seems that the "possibility" is closer to becoming a reality.

It has been confirmed that John Singleton (Shaft) will be directing a movie version of The A-Team. And I am also confirming that I am now officially excited. Well, maybe not excited, but really hoping this happens.

The A-Team ran from 1983-1987 and followed a "team" of Vietnam veterans who after being convicted of a crime that they didn't commit, escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground and worked as soldiers of fortune helping people in trouble. The new movie version will be updated from the Vietnam era to reflect the socio-political climate of today.

Casting for the movie has not yet started but I do have my dream cast of who I would like to see in the movie.

In the role of Col. John "Hannibal" Smith, portrayed on TV by George Peppard (Breakfast at Tiffany's), I'm hoping for George Clooney.

For Capt. H.M. "Howling Mad" Murdock, portrayed on TV by Dwight Shultz (Star Trek: First Contact), I'm seeing Jim Carrey, as annoying as I find him, I think he could do a good job of it.

As Lt.
Templeton "Faceman" Peck, portrayed on TV by Dirk Benedict (Battlestar Galactica), I see Brad Pitt, mostly because he has a "Butch and Sundance" chemistry with Clooney and he would look the part.

Finally, for Sgt. Bosco "B.A." Barracus, portrayed
on TV by Mr. T (Rocky III), I see Ving Rhames (Mission: Impossible III).

Now I'm pretty sure that this isn't going to be the cast or anything close to it, but it is nice to dream. I just hope
that they don't cast anyone too ridiculous and rape my childhood.

No comments: