welcome to the end of the thought process.

Monday, November 19, 2007

Do You Know What It's Time For? A Sexy Party!

On page 170 of People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive 2007 issue, there is an item entitled Sexy Songs - Two Decades of Hits That Really Packed The Heat. Now, most of the songs that the editors chose, I have little issue with: I Want Your Sex by George Michael (1987), yes; Wicked Game by Chris Isaak (1990), yeap; Kiss From A Rose by Seal (1995), ok; You're Body Is A Wonderland by John Mayer (2002), definitely; hell I'll even buy the song they chose by Usher even though I really can't stand him. But I do have to take umbrage with Wonderwall by Oasis (1996), like hunh? Or November Rain by Guns and Roses (1992)! Like, WTF is so sexy about that song?

So, of course I thought I would add my own pick that would go on my "Sexy Party Soundtrack." Now, I understand why this song got overlooked. It was a modest hit in the U.S. (reaching 22 on the Billboard Hot 100 ), but it did better here in it's native Canada (reaching 13 on the Billboard Hot 100). I don't know what it is about this song, but when I hear it, it definitely throws me into "sexy mode." It doesn't hurt that I find Trevor Guthrie (lead singer), smoking hot, especially singing this song. So, as my choice for a Sexy Song, from 1999, I give you Faded by soulDecision.

Enjoy!

No comments: