welcome to the end of the thought process.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

It's Yesterday Once More IV

Well, here we are with Part 4 in my 158,000 part series about my trips down memory lane. Today, I take a little change of pace from the old CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Company) stuff to bring you some classic animation from my childhood. The New Adventures of Pinocchio was created in 1960 by the Rankin/Bass company. Rankin/Bass will probably be familiar to a lot of people through their holiday specials, most notably, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964) the Little Drummer Boy (1968) and Frosty the Snowman (1969). Rankin/Bass also produced a number of feature films and television series. The New Adventures of Pinocchio was one of Rankin/Bass' first projects and was created through a stop motion process the company called 'Animagic." The process had been used previously in the programmes, Gumby and Davey and Goliath which were not Rankin/Bass productions, but the stop motion technique soon became equated with Rankin/Bass animation.

The episodes were 5 minute tales that made up a 25 minute story arc, usually with a modern twist, with a catchy little theme song that I have never forgotten the words too and still sing to this day. I'm only kind of embarrassed about that, probably less than I should be. We were crazy about these shows when we were kids so, you can probably tell that we were easily entertained. At any rate, from 1960, I give you what I believe is the second episode of the New Adventures of Pinocchio.


Enjoy!

No comments: